Association of Language Companies’ 2019 Annual Conference
Registration is open for ALC's 2019 Annual Conference – May 1 – 4 at the Omni Shoreham in Washington, D.C. To advocate fair practices of professional, independent workers in the LSC sector, this year's program begins with some ALC members visiting the USA Capitol, where ALC will share ideas with legislators.
The rest of the week at the Historic Omni Shoreham, presentations will address an array of topics.
This Year’s Annual Conference Topics and Speakers:
• Operate Your Enterprise System (Part 1 and 2) with Bob Donaldson
• Effective Communication with ICs – Making Partners Out of Antagonists with Ted Wozniak
• Interagency Language Roundtable Skill Level Descriptions for Translation and Interpretation Performance with Dr. Amanda Curry and Dr. Maria Brau
• Why AI is Sales’ Best Friend with Anne-Marie Colliander Lind and Josef Kubovsky
• Best Practices for Recruiting and Vetting of Translators and Interpreters (Panel Discussion) with Susan Amarino, Lexie Casey, Joumana Chahine-Steiman and Karim Hanna
• Developing your ASL Business with Interpreters and Deaf Community Successfully with Keri Brooks
• Family-Owned Companies from Life-Style Business to Professional Company with an Exit Strategy with Andrzej Nedoma
• Finding the Hidden Leaders in your Team with Andrew Hickson
• Translation Management Systems: Buy, Build or Adapt with Tom Alwood
• Running Language Business in the US–2019 (an overview of performance indicators and trends based on the ALC industry survey) with Konstantin Dranch
• A Diplomatic Approach to Translation with Joseph Mazza, United States State Department, Office of Language Services
• Love Your Contracts (While Still Protecting Your Business) with Eliot Wagonheim
• AI Panel with Chris Carter, Dennis Ayzin and Dwayne Ernest
• Lifestyles of the LSP with Randall Morgan
• Constant Change is the New Normal with Gaëtan Chrétiennot and Cecilia Enbäck
• Keynote Presentation by Michael Hahn Hero Habits
• Plus, Round table discussions on Sales and Marketing, Human Resources, Technology and Challenges of Working with U.S. Companies.
To watch videos from our presenters, check out ALC on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
For up-to-date schedule and topics, speaker bios, exhibitors and sponsors, click https://www.alcus.org/mpage/ALC19home.
ALC Member: $1,275
ELIA, TINA, AASL Member: $1,275
One-Day ALC, ELIA, TINA, AASL Member: $650
One-Day Non-Member: $750
Welcome Reception Guest: $100